SONGS OF THE SATELLITE ERA
Now You can Literally Rock or Twist Around the Clock!
NOTE: If you have downloaded the material after May, then there is no need to be here since you have the link to the Pickup and Replacements Page auxiliary. There may be a new category-based folder from time to time (even as you read this, I'm working on one)
Do you remeber MALT SHOP MEMORIES? Well, this is bigger, more than 650 to start with INSTEAD of 200, and better: MSM went up to 1965: Halfway through the British Invasion. the malt shop era ended in c1963, which is where we leave off. Plus you get a bit of relevent material from before and after that timeframe: Timeless Classics: 1951 to '58, Doo Wop hits from 1956 to mid '58, Originals, songs that some of the Satellite Era songs were remakes of going back to 1935 and some material by the artists after the time period; a sort of intro and outro. So you do get the real malt shop memories, with the rest being optional extras. I was there for it and this is my personal collection. Many of the tracks are true-to-life sounding and, with the ausiliary material, as well as get new or replacement tracks you can configure playing them how you wish, including audio/video presentations: How about an audio/video CD/DVD yearbook?
SMART MOVE: BURN TO REWRITABLE MEDIA AND SET UP FOR MULTI-SESSION AND BACK UP THE MATERIAL. ALSO SAVE ON SD/SDHC CARD AND "THUMBDRIVE": IT WON'T KILL YOU OR EVEN HURT ONE ONE HUNDREDTH AS MUCH AS HAVING A "D'OH" MOMENT!
The auxiliary material includes instructions and CD/DVD "album Covers" and materials to make more of them as well as the links you'll need. You will be able to do it all:
NOTEs: Please look at the songs, there may be typoraphical erros. check ID3 tags in properties as well as titles
- Make a playlist or desktop foler to use with your media player of choice
- Put the material in your physical media player
- Burn an mp3 DVD of all the music
- Burn CD's of the materiaL. I originally had the material in convenient 20 or 25 song sized folders to burn CD's with and to download in small, less-time-consuming groups but Media Monkey made the first idea obsolete and you'll probably want all the material anyway. At about 2 GB, it will take awhile.
- Store all the material on DVD, Flash drive or SD card to back it up or use with media players that read SD cards HOW-TO.
- Wanna DJ this stuff at a party? MEDIA MONKEY, INCLUDED (auxiliary), has you covered. Use its DJ/Party capabilities, the best crossfade and volume-levelling I've ever seen and the visualizations turn your screen into a jukebox light show
- AudioShell, INCLUDED (auxiliary), embeds the ID3 tags AND tag edit into Properties
- MP3Gain, INCLUDED (auxiliary), enables you to have all the tracks in an album (folder) at about the same volume
- Slideshow Template, INCLUDED (ausiliary), enables you to create musical slideshows
- Gif Animator, INCLUDED (auxiliary), is a program that uses wizards to create and optimize animated GIF's. Good results withoug breaking a sweat.
- IrfanView, INCLUDED (auxiliary)< Is the best image editing program in the world, well worth the optional registration fee even for non-commerical use. It is so good that I was honor-bound to register it. It can replace Microsoft Photo Editor, Ulead Photo Explorer, Picassa editor, ByLight 20/20 and L-View Pro
- Get more as I put it up INCLUDED (auxiliary).
- Add the tracks to your own set(s) of tunes
- THERE'S SAFETY IN NUMBERS: distribute everything you get here freely to friends. That will make sure that somewhere, somehow, there will be a copy of the useable material from here in one piece
1, 2, 3, 4 and miscellaneous: audio/graphics pack which you will need for best results, link to the New and Replacemtnts page and CD labels
ROOTS: Music from before the Satellite Era, as far back as 1951, that either was milestones, had cache during the Satellite Era or was a major part of the development of the leading artists of the Satellite Era. Favorites like HOUND DOG, YOUNG LOVE and WHO'S SORRY NOEW; doo-wop classics: LIKE TONIGHT TONIGHT, ONE SUMMER NIGHT and SILHOUTETTES, Two 1957 novelty songs and a 1956 Roy Orbison release. The material from the "Timeless Classics" page packaged for download. This is in two folders:
The TIMELESS 25 and DOO WOP CLASSICS with 25 tunes
When I was a teenager, my aunt told me that a lot of the stuff I dug was remakes of other things. Well, here's the proof ORIGINALS. Mayn like Xavier Cougat's PERFIDIA and Paul Williams THE HUCKLBUCK couls stand up today
POSTSCRIPT: The artises who did the material did not just die off after the period, here is some of their work.
OUTSTANDING WARRANTS: Things I haven't got and want
THE LAWYER STUFF: .
Not suitable for commercial purposes and made only for private, hobbe and "Fair Use" purposes. If it comes to me that you have misused this. then I shall recommend that
the laws against that are vigorously enforced.Jeez; for once I actually agree wiht the bastards.